Sunday 4 July 2010

In-Class Task 1

1. Please introduce yourself.

I am Ashamira Binti Abdul Malik. I am comfortable to be called Asha. I was born in Kelantan on 9th January 1988. I did my pre-degree in Uitm Kampus Lendu, Melaka. I am the forth in my family. I am in favour of travelling, reading and sport. English is always my passion since I was kid. I love to reflect all the things that happened around me as I believe everything happens for a reason. It almost goes without saying but i believe laerning is a lifelong process.


2. How would you rate yourself in terms of your computer skills and why? (e.g. expert, novice, savvy, geek, illiterate etc)

I might say I am a savvy in my computer skills since I am able to use some of the computer software successfully.



3. What computer software and hardware knowledge do you have?

Microsoft office, Photoshop and photoscape, SPSS.



4. Have you experienced learning via the computer (online, etc)?

Yes, I had experienced learning via the computer in my secondary school and in part 5 of B.Ed TESL.



5. Did you try to incorporate technology in your some of your lessons during your practicum? Was it a success or a failure? If you did not what was/were the reason(s)?

Yes, I did try to incorprate technology in some of my lessons but somehow I regard the lessons was not really success since the school does not provide the teachers with the appropriate equipments.



6. What is your opinion on the use of computer/technology in language teaching?

In my point of view, in this rapid changing world, the use of computer/technology in language teaching is a must. Most of the students nowadays are computer literate thus by using computer/technology, it is an advantage for the teachers and students in language teaching and learning process.



7. What are your expectations from this course?

I am keen to gain as much knowledge as I can from this course. I hope I can fully utilize my knowldege of this course in every possible field that I am involved afterwards.

2 comments:

  1. I am keen to gain as much knowledge as I can from this course. I hope I can fully utilize my knowldege of this course in every possible field that I am involved afterwards...hopefully.

    ReplyDelete